The Ars Musica Chorale is proud to host the
Encore Young Artist Program
For over fifty years, Ars Musica has been committed to providing Northern New Jersey with opportunities to create and hear excellent programs of a wide range of choral music. We are proud to take a bold step in supporting and training the next generation of choral artists by establishing The Encore Young Artist Program. In today’s economic climate, versatility and diverse skills have proved to be invaluable to the success of young artists. We seek to give opportunities to exceptional young musicians to broaden and deepen their musical experiences while gaining important skills for a lifelong career in music.
This is a Resident Artist position. Singers perform duties as section leaders on a weekly basis and in performances as appropriate, in addition to their solo responsibilities for each concert.
Interested to learn more about this exciting opportunity? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions:
We are currently accepting applications. Recent graduates, current graduate students, and emerging professional musicians are encouraged to apply. Advanced undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Your current resume & headshot
- One audio sample (link or .mp3, .wav)
- Names and contact information for up to three references.
For the 2018-19 concert season, applications will be accepted until March 18, 2018, with auditions to follow in early April. To ensure your application is considered, please submit all materials as soon as possible.
Expect to receive notification of your audition status by April 15, 2018.
Singers will be asked to prepare two to three works in contrasting styles (at least one foreign language and one English). One example should include coloratura.
Young Artists will gain invaluable experience as both a choral and solo artist with one of the tristate’s premiere ensemble. More specifically, Young Artist's benefit from:
- Membership in one of the tristate’s premiere choral ensembles
- Solo opportunities in all season concerts
- Outreach performance opportunities
- Masterclass participation with notable New York & New Jersey singers and conductors
- Scores and Archival recordings for all performances
- Professional development: mentoring, press kit development
- A quarterly stipend