Are you a young, aspiring singer interested in working with Ars Musica?
The Encore Young Artist program is open to four individuals season. This one-year Resident Artist position affords selected participants a wide range of experience. Singers perform duties as section leaders on a weekly basis and in performances as appropriate, in addition to their solo responsibilities for each concert.
Interested to learn more about this exciting opportunity? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions:
We are currently accepting applications. Recent graduates, current graduate students, and emerging professional musicians are encouraged to apply. Advanced undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Your current resume & headshot
- One audio sample (link or .mp3, .wav)
- Names and contact information for up to three references.
For the 2018-19 concert season, applications will be accepted until March 18, 2018, with auditions to follow in early April. To ensure your application is considered, please submit all materials as soon as possible.
Expect to receive notification of your audition status by April 15, 2018.
Singers will be asked to prepare two to three works in contrasting styles (at least one foreign language and one English). One example should include coloratura.
Young Artists will gain invaluable experience as both a choral and solo artist with one of the tristate’s premiere ensemble. More specifically, Young Artist's benefit from:
- Membership in one of the tristate’s premiere choral ensembles
- Solo opportunities in all season concerts
- Outreach performance opportunities
- Masterclass participation with notable New York & New Jersey singers and conductors
- Scores and Archival recordings for all performances
- Professional development: mentoring, press kit development
- A quarterly stipend