Are you a young, aspiring singer interested in working with Ars Musica Chorale?
The Encore Young Artist program is open to four individuals each season. This paid one- or two-year Resident Artist position affords selected participants a wide range of musical experience. Singers perform duties as section leaders for some Tuesday night rehearsals and in performances; in addition, they are provided solo opportunities on at least three out of four concerts each season. We encourage recent graduates, current graduate students, and emerging professional musicians to apply. Advanced undergraduate students will also be considered.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not currently looking for Encore Young Artists for the 2020-21 season. Please check back later this fall for more details.
Please complete and submit our application form. As you prepare, please note that applications must include the following:
- Your current resume and headshot.
- Please provide links to at least two performance samples. At least one of these must be a video; they should be in at least two different languages, and we would prefer one to feature coloratura passagework.
- Names and contact information for at least two references; one of these should be able to speak to your ensemble singing abilities.
What To Expect:
Encore Young Artists will gain invaluable experience as both choral and solo artists with one of the tristate’s premier choral ensembles. In addition, benefits include:
- Solo opportunities in at least three out of four annual concerts
- Outreach performance opportunities
- Master class participation with notable New York and New Jersey singers and conductors
- Scores and archival recordings for all performances
- Professional development: mentoring and press kit development
- A quarterly stipend
If you have further questions about the Encore Young Artist scheme, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing your recordings!